Just too burned out to really do anything last week, but it feels great being back out and shooting. Had some time before work to do a quick walk through the arboretum.
Posted 2005.10.09 1633 | 9 comments | 2223484 visitors
- Excellent choice of DOF here, Mike. Really like this shot. Gorgeous bokeh to boot.
Obelix @ 2005.10.09 1747
- Very beautiful, such a dreamy look to them. Someone recently said that flower shots are rarely done right... here you've done more than right, gorgeous!
Kim @ 2005.10.09 1841
- I really like this one. The colors are soft yet vibrant. I think flowers are your strongest subject. Have you thought about getting more into it?
David Kapp @ 2005.10.09 1916
Thx Anand! I'm really amazed at how well the 55/3.5 performs. Incredible budget macro lens.
Thx Kim! I've always liked flowers, despite all the complaining I do.
Thx Dave! I've thought about it but I'll probably hold off till next spring. I don't think I'll be doing much flower shooting in the next few months. Might spend the winter months reading and figuring out what the heck I'm actually shooting.
Mike @ 2005.10.09 2344
- that's just awesome!
estan @ 2005.10.10 0206
- Looks like just the thing that Hallmark would put up on their greeting cards.
INoxKrow @ 2005.10.10 0425
- Pretty amazing how you managed to get the flowers to just about disappear into the background while still maintaining enough of the essence of the last flower to still sense and feel it.
Rock @ 2005.10.10 1243
- This is absolutely great! love the soft colours and love that composition. well done!
genedavinci @ 2005.10.10 1851
Thx INoxKrow! If only Hallmark would actually buy some pictures, then I wouldn't have to eat ramen all the time.
Thx Rock! I don't think I stop down much in general.
Thx gene! Took me a little time to figure out how to frame the whole bunch, they were too pretty to shoot only one.
Mike @ 2005.10.10 1921
[ expand ]